RT-130 Fire Refresher Training Course Schedule 2017
- Feb 16, 2017 – Grangeville, Senior Center, 108 N State St.
- Feb 23 ,2017 – Moscow, Latah County Fairgrounds, 1021 Harold Ave
- March 16, 2017 – Moscow, Latah County Fairgrounds, 1021 Harold Ave
- March 30, 2017 – Grangeville, Senior Center, 108 N State St.
- April 6, 2017 – Grangeville, Senior Center, 108 N State St.
Start Time is 8:00 AM, End time is approximately 2:30 PM. Lunch is on your own at approximately 12:00 PM.
All Wildland fire fighters must meet minimum levels of fitness requirements from the US Forest Service for the type of duties they are assigned.
- Arduous/Pack Test – 3-mile hike with 45 pound pack in 45 minutes
- Moderate/Field Test – 2-mile hike with 25 pound pack in 30 minutes
- Light/Walk Test – 1 mile hike in 16 minutes
Arduous: involves field work calling for above average endurance and superior conditioning. All firefighters are required to perform arduous duty including Professional Fallers.
Moderate: involves file work requiring completed control of physical faculties and may include considerable walking, standing and lifting 25-30 pounds.
Light: involves mainly office type work with occasional field activities. Dozer, excavator and support water tender operators must pass the walk test.
Taking the Fitness test:
- Testing will be monitored and any problems should be brought to the attention of the test monitors
- No jogging or running is permitted
- Test is Pass / Fail only
- Bring your own pack
- Packs will be weighed
For more information or to register for a class, email firstname.lastname@example.org and state your name, address and date you would like to attend.
Cost is $55 per person.
Mail check to: (or bring check to class)
Northwest Management, Inc.
PO Box 9748
Moscow, ID 83843.